Are you experiencing self-damning thoughts…do you feel depressed, anxious, anger (or rage), guilt, hurt or betrayed, shame, jealousy or envy?
Do these thoughts and feelings lead to negative and damaging behaviour against yourself and others? Answer the following questions using the rating Strongly agree Agree Disagree Strongly Disagree
- On the whole I am satisfied with myself
- At times I think I am no good at all
- I feel that I have a number of good qualities
- I do things as well as most other people
- I feel that I do not have much to be proud of
- I certainly feel useless at times
- I feel that I am a person of worth, at least on an equal plane with others
- I wish I could have more respect for myself
- All in all I am inclined to think I am a failure
- I take a positive attitude towards myself
Scoring Items 1, 2, 3, 4, 7,10 as Strongly Disagree 4 points, Disagree 3 points, Agree 2 points and Strongly Agree 1 point.
Items 2, 5, 6, 8, 9 are reverse scored. Give “Strongly Disagree” 1 point, “Disagree” 2 points, “Agree” 3 points, and “Strongly Agree” 4 points. Sum scores for all ten items. Keep scores on a continuous scale. Higher scores indicate higher self-esteem.
Call me for a free 30 minute discussion about how I can help you move on from feelings of low self-esteem