Health and well-being and having a holistic approach to your own and your team’s wellness is paramount in the 21st Century. There is a positive link between your own health and well-being as well as your team’s health and well-being with the health of your business. Not just the physical and mental health of you and your team, but also the health of your bottom line.
The well-being of you and your team are integral to their motivation and commitment to the business and to their level of resilience in times of change. This can only lead to success for everyone.
Key elements in developing wellness and well-being including the culture of the business; the leadership of the business and management of the people.
A business wishing to recognise the importance of employee well-being and wellness needs to have in place:
- A stress management policy;
- A workplace stress risk assessment;
- Conflict resolution training where managers learn how to have difficult conversations;
- Mental ill-health support (for anxiety and depression);
- Occupational health support;
- Employee assistance programme.